Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Inauguration of our 44th President!


President Obama, First Lady Michelle, Malia, & Sasha

Well, first off, I consider myself extremely lucky to have been part of the less than 1% of American citizens who witnessed, first-hand, a HISTORY-MAKING MOMENT: the Inauguration of President Obama, our nation's FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT! A proud day for us all. Here are a couple photos from my day out alongside two million fellow citizens (a record attendance) ...

[click on any picture to enLARGE]


A photo I snagged the Wednesday prior to Inauguration, during final preparations @ the U.S. Capitol (How nice would it've been to have had a seat HERE for President Obama's speech!)


"SuperObama!"...one of many fan-favorites


My cousins Maya & Raynel



The Washington Monument


Have YOU ever stood alongside two million people?
It's mind-bending! What was particularly (lol, dare I say) trippy was that everyone was really well-mannered; there was NO yelling, fights, ransacking, or rioting (Metro Police & city officials reported similarly)... It was powerful during the Inaugural prayer service having that many people pray together too. "Yes we CAN!"


Uncle Charles, Raynel, & Maya marching on!


A photo mosaic of my view @ the Inauguration; an experience-of-a-lifetime...one I'll never forget.

I've been reminiscing on the significance of this occassion for my people of the past (who are no longer with us physically), and I am looking forward to sharing stories of this moment with future generations; in the words of President Obama, "for our childrens's children."


This is my proudest day as an American citizen.

God bless you Mr. President ,

and God bless the United States of America.

No comments:

hit counter