Friday, August 7, 2009

Squamish B.C. ehh !

I've recently concluded my second trip up to one of my favorite places - Squamish British Columbia; located in Canada one hour north of Vancouver and 45 minutes south of Whistler, Squamish is an idealic outdoor enthusiasts dream nestled along the Howe sound.
The atmosphere is particularly exciting up there this year as final preparations for the February 2010 Winter Olympics are being finalized!
Along with my friends Dom, Laura, Jimmy, Melody, Sarah, Erica, Tony, Andrew, and Dave, we camped, rock climbed, swam, hiked, sunbathed at lakes, slacklined, and just enjoyed some pristine R&R up in this paradise of the northwest (or southwest depending on what country's perspective you're coming from).

note: click any pic to enLARGE

The highways in Canada are in kilometers (i.e. 80 km/h = approx. 50 mph)
...I was NOT driving when I took this picture. lol


The rock in Squamish is high quality granite, which, although high in friction holds few good holds! Very challenging yet fun too! : )


All my organized climbing gear laid out the day before my biggest rock climb to DATE: The Ultimate Everything-A meandering "hike" up a 23 pitch big wall in 7 hours, 6minutes I did with my friend Dom; a treasured memory for the vault.


Along the way... (note: Mount Garibaldi can be seen behind me)

and finally... my attempt to slackline over @ Lake Murrin! SOOO much fun : )

No comments:

hit counter